Evergreen Squash Club
- Points will be one for each game won with five bonus points for winning the match. In the event of a match being conceded by default the bonus will still be allowed.
- In the event that at the end of a season two or more teams have the same number of points, the teams shall be placed in order by reference to the number of matches won so that the team which has won more matches shall be placed higher.
- If any of the teams concerned have also won the same number of matches, those teams shall be placed in order by reference to the number of points scored against them so that the team which has had fewer points scored against shall be placed higher.
- Teams must select and play available players in order of merit and in accordance with the teams playing order.
- Each team must submit their playing order before the start of the season for approval by the League organizer. Where a team’s proposed playing order is different from that of the ranking list, the team must provide an explanation for consideration by the League organizer as to why it is different and, if such explanation is accepted, approval. Each team may also request at any time during the season a revised playing order with an explanation for consideration by the League organizer and, if such explanation is accepted, approval.
- Captains must present a list containing their respective team orders to their opposite numbers before the commencement of a match. If a team is known to have a missing player before a match starts, the remaining players in the team shall move up in position in the playing order. If a player does not turn up after the start of a match, where still possible the remaining players in the team shall move up in position in the playing order.
- If a player does not turn up after a match has started and it is no longer possible to move the remaining players up in position in the playing order or for any other reason a tie is not played or completed, the League organizer must be informed. The League organizer will decide on the allocation and/or deduction of points.
- A walk over is defined as a fixture for which one side fails to raise more than two players.
- Teams lower to the one conceding a walk-over shall be deducted either a minimum of 10 points or the
points won in the relevant matches, if that is more than 10 points. Their opponents may be awarded up to a
maximum of 20 points.
ELIGIBILITY OF PLAYERS
- Any person playing in a league match (‘a player') must be a member of the team for which he or she plays for and must be registered on the League’s team registration form or with the League organizer. If he or she is not so registered, the team for which he or she has played will be deemed to have played with a missing player.
- No player may play more than once in the same league match or in more than one league match on the same day.
- No player may play for more than one team in a league match in any one season without the permission of the League organizer.
NOTIFICATION OF RESULTS
- Both teams must complete a score card with full details of the results of each match in writing signed by both match captains to the League organizer once the match has been played. Results/Fixtures will be posted through the Sporty HQ page.
- 2 Courts will be available, and matches must commence by 7 p.m. At least three players from each side should be present by this time.
- There is no prescribed order for the matches to be played in. Once play has commenced, it shall be continuous until the completion of the last tie.
- All matches must be refereed. One team shall be responsible for marking the one (1), three (3) and five (5) strings and the other team the two (2) and four (4) strings.