Setting up early-bird incentives
Table of Contents
Early bird incentives are a great way to encourage more sign ups to your event. Typically an early bird will offer people a discounted entry fee in return for them signing up before a certain date. If your event has an early bird rate available, that is also highlighted in several places in SportyHQ's interface. We strongly encourage you to use early bird signups, as you'll find that even with only a small discount, people will take advantage of the savings and sign up to your event before the last minute!
Enabling the early-bird option
From your main tournament page, go to the Tournament Settings link in the Administrator bar.
Scroll down to the Pricing Information box. Within that box, you'll see an option to enable the early-bird discount.
Click Yes to enable the option, and then complete:
- The date on which the early bird will expire
- The number of early bird entries you will allow. If this limit is reached before the early bird deadline expires, then the early bird offering will no longer be offered. If you don't want to set a limit on the number of early bird entries allowed, enter 0 (zero) in to this field.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and hit Submit.
Setup Early Bird Pricing
You should make sure that you have gone through all of the steps required to get your online registration process enabled. Click here to view our article on that topic. This section assumes that you have already completed the steps in that article.
From your Administrator bar, choose the Setup Tournament Pricing link.
If you have your pricing plans setup, click on Edit next to one of your plans. Enable the Early Bird option and enter in the price for the early registration. Of course, this price is typically lower than your regular registration rate.
Hit Submit and then edit any other pricing categories you have where you'd like to offer an early bird registration discount.
That's all there is to it.
What potential registrants will now see...
Now that you have your early bird pricing setup, potential registrants will have the early bird pricing highlighted to them in several places.
- On the main SportyHQ tournaments page, there's a green label to indicate that the tournament has early bird rates.
- On the tournament page, the pricing section highlights the early bird rates, with the deadline displayed and the savings available for each pricing category.
- On the sign up page itself.