Evergreen International Tournament
March 8 & 9, 2013
More details will follow but this covers the main points — particularly the registration requirements. Note: New teams/players welcome. If you don’t have a team, register individually with Darren Farnworth or Rex Armstead and we’ll fit you in, at worst, as a refugee!
Dates: March 8/9 (Friday evening/Saturday)
Registration deadline is 6:00 pm on March 4th.
Teams: 4 (preferred) or 5 players representing a specific
country — real or imaginary! Team attire, potluck
food etc. should all reflect country of origin.
Rules: Final details to follow, however the basic rule is that
each player must alternate between singles and doubles
— no exceptions. Handicapping will apply to both doubles
and singles based on both player calibre and gender.
- Team Name.
- Players names.
- Each player’s singles calibre (Open, A, B, C or D).
- Each players doubles calibre — Doubles caliber as follows:
- A — You are ranked in the top 25 on the club ladder.
- B — You are on the club ladder (not in the top 25).
- C — You have played Doubles at least once since the last time you entered this tournament.
- D — You always wondered what that overgrown court was for.
Entry Fee: $20 per player
Official Language: Dutch — in recognition of last year’s winners.
(Throat lozenges supplied).
Saturday night’s International potluck
is the highlight of the year — and
the most important part of the tournament.
Full details will be given to team captains but every
team should make the effort to participate —
and bring unique dishes.
Joke Fest: Each team is to bring at least two jokes to share during the traditional post-prandial laugh-in. Prize awarded.
Team Attire, Table Decorations: Go for it — prizes awarded/
Returning Again This Year:
- Table Tennis Competition — rules TBA
- Flag Competition — design your country’s flag and bring at least one colour print-out on Friday night. Prize awarded
For further information contact the IOC1 (International Organising Committee) — and remember…
IT’S ALL ABOUT THE DINNER…AND THE CAMARADERIE…AND THE COSTUMES…AND THE FLAGS…AND THE TABLE TENNIS…AND THE JOKES…
OH! — AND THE SQUASH!
 The International Organizing Committee (IOC) consists of
Will Stiphout, Iain Savill, Paul Austin, Brian Maclean, Ron Bailey,
Bob Bogue, Mark Stevens, Andre Moore, Darren Farnworth,
Rex Armstead & Tim Martin.