2012 Squash & Miscellaneous Announcements
- Important Notice to All Evergreen Members
Court Closures Dec. 18 - 24 — Cancelled
- Posted: 2012.12.12 09:24
- Due to a delay on another project, the contractor installing the new walls has notified us he cannot start work Dec. 18. Hence all courts will be open next week and until further notice. We anticipate the work will be rescheduled in Q1/13.
- Our apologies for any inconveniences. Any questions please contact Bill at email@example.com.
- Important Notice to All Evergreen Members
Courts 1, 2 & 5 Closing for Upgrades
- Posted: 2012.12.08 09:07
- After much research and discussion, the Board has decided to replace the head (front) walls of courts 1, 2 and 5. This process will involve overlaying a thick (1 -1/8”) prefinished Fiberesin panel on a reinforced subwall. The finished wall will be similar to those at Hollyburn and some other clubs and should last 20+ years. The work will comply with World Squash Federation court specifications.
- In order to complete the work, the 3 courts will be closed for 6 – 7 days commencing:
DECEMBER 18, 7:00 AM THRU DECEMBER 24
- We anticipate the work will proceed smoothly and hopefully the courts will be open earlier. Check the web booking site for updates. Courts 3, 4 & 6 will remain open for use.
- As part of the ongoing club upgrade program, we will also be refinishing and relining all of the court floors in 2013.
- If you have any questions or comments please contact Bill Sievewright.
- Thank you for your co-operation.
- Singles Referee Clinics
- Posted: 2012.10.23 08:26
- The BC Honda Vancouver Squash League (BCH VSL) is pleased to present three free referee clinics to players in the BCH VSL and Squash BC members.
- If you play squash in the BCH VSL and are refereeing league matches on Monday or Tuesday evenings it is highly recommended that you attend one of these FREE referee clinics to learn, or brush up on, the rules that we all play by. Free to all BCH VSL players and Squash BC members. (* $10 charge for non-members of Squash BC.)
- The NORTH VANCOUVER clinic will be held at the Evergreen Squash Club on THURSDAY, OCTOBER 25. This clinic starts at 6:30pm and will be run by MIKE TOOLEY, Certified B1 Official.
- Please RSVP by Sunday, October 20th Via Email: info[at]vancouversquashleague[dot]com
- 2012 Evergreen Golf Tournament
- Posted: 2012.08.08 09:06
Sunday, September 23rd, 2012
Bowen Island Golf Club
$75 tax included includes:
- 18 holes
- beverage and burger
- bus ride from and to Ferry
- prizes for all
- Catch the 8:00am Ferry from Horseshoe Bay (have to buy ticket and be on board by 7:50am)
- Tee offs times from 9:00am+
- Should all be done golf by 2:30-3:00pm, followed by prizes
- Should be on 4:15 or 5:15pm ferry back to Horseshoe Bay
- Minimum 10 players — maximum 24
- Drop checks off to Cathy at Evergreen. Make checks payable to Evergreen Squash Club.
- Email both Cathy and Dave Watson to confirm interest and payment.
- Tell us who you want to play with OR we can always put you in a foursome.
Prizes: If you can donate a prize it would be appreciated. Please drop off at Evergreen Pro Shop and marked: Evergreen Golf Prize
- Tennis Racquets for Jamaica
- Posted: 2012.06.15 09:59
Harry Chow has a Jamaica Tennis Association sanctioned volunteer program for
donating tennis racquets to underprivileged children in Jamaica. He requires
about 100 racquets for next year. If you have tennis racquets you don't use or
need, please drop them off at the club with Cathy Covernton or the drop box in
the foyer of the club.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Harry. Thank you for your help.
- NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF MEMBERS
Notice is hereby given that an Annual General Meeting of Members (the
"Meeting") of Evergreen Squash Club (the "Club") will be held at the Club
located at 1802 Glenaire Drive, North Vancouver, B.C. V7P 1Y1, on Wednesday,
May 30, 2012, at the hour of 7 pm, for the following purposes:
- To approve the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on May 31, 2011.
- To Receive a Report from the Board on matters related to the Club's financial status, and approve the unaudited financial statements for the Club dated to March 31, 2012, and the independent accountants' report thereon.
- To receive a Report on Club Membership Status.
- To Receive the President's Report.
- To Elect the Board of Directors for 2012 / 2013.
- To receive any Ordinary Resolutions from Members.
- To Receive a Report on Expansion Plans for the Club and the District of West Vancouver License to Occupy.
Slate of candidates for election to the Board of Directors for 2012 / 2013:
President : Rob Forrest
Vice-President : Shan Trouton
Past-President : Adam Radziminski
Treasurer : Dana Merritt
Secretary : Estha Murenbeeld
Dated at North Vancouver, British Columbia, this 14th day of May, 2012.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Article 6f of the Bylaws defines eligibility to vote at the Annual General Meeting:
"Only Senior, Life Honorary, Golden, Restricted (having paid both an initiation fee and refundable membership certificate fee), and Doubles (having paid both an initiation fee and refundable membership certificate fee) members, in good standing shall be entitled to vote at any meeting of the Club."
Article 7d of the Bylaws states the procedure for nomination of Directors:
"Any Senior or other voting member in good standing may nominate a candidate for the office of Director providing that such nomination is seconded by another Senior or other voting member in good standing and the candidate consents in writing, provided such nomination is in the hands of the Secretary at least seven days before the time set for the Annual General Meeting and the Secretary shall post the same on the notice board of the Club forthwith."
- Nominations to the Board of Directors for the 2012/2013 Term
Evergreen Squash Club is calling for nominations to the Board of Directors
for the 2012/2013 term. If you are a current member and would like to be a
candidate, please ask some fellow members to nominate you. Likewise, if you
know of another member that would be a good addition to the Board, please
discuss the matter with that member and nominate him/her.
The slate of nominees will be presented for election at the Annual General Meeting, which has been scheduled for May 30.
Eligibility of candidates (Bylaws clause 7c):
To be eligible for nomination to the Board, an individual must:Nomination procedure (Bylaws clause 7d):
(1) have been a Senior, or other voting member in good standing for at least one playing season immediately prior to his proposed term of office; and
(2) be a Senior or other voting member in good standing at the time of his nomination to the Board.
Any Senior or other voting member in good standing may nominate a candidate for the office of Director providing that such nomination is seconded by another Senior or other voting member in good standing, and the candidate consents in writing.Please submit nominations by e-mail to the Secretary of the Board, Stephen Pienaar, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, May 2. If you have questions, do not hesitate to call Stephen.
- 2012 Squash Training Camp with Shahier Razik & Phil Arthur
- Tuesday, May 8 - Thursday, May 10, starting at 5:15pm or 6:00pm, and
running 3 hours each night.
According to Shahier Razik's web site:
This is an opportunity to train with some of the world’s best players and coaches. This camp is designed to demonstrate the speed, pressure, and requirements necessary to compete at the highest level in today’s rapidly evolving game.
The organizers are attempting to cater to all levels; but, the camp will be limited to 10 players. Contact Phil Arthur for more details, or to sign-up.
- Doubles Rules Clinic
- January 21th, 2012
- At VRC, 9am to 1pm, or so
- Convenors: Bob Smart and Brian Covernton
- Will go through basic rules and point and let situations
- Written test taken at the end of the clinic
- Practical test taken later with a National Referee or National Examiner in a competitive league or tournament match.
- Sign up through Squash BC Calendar of Events.
- Fee: $5.00 for refreshments (Coffee, tea and muffins)
- Rule books and guidelines to Doubles Squash Rules are on Squash Canada website: link to the Game then Rules of the Game.
- 2012 Pacific Coast Open Doubles
- January 27th – 29th, 2012
- The 40th Annual Pacific Coast Doubles Championship will be hosted at the Multnomah Athletic Club in Portland, Oregon from January 27-29th. The tournament is open to all levels and all ages and we expect to attract up to 40 teams from up and down the West Coast.
- Registration is now open and can be completed online or from your PDA with
a credit card or check. If you register by December 15th you will get a
$10 discount on the $75 entry fee. Registration for anyone under 21 costs
More details and registration at: www.regonline.com/paccoast.
- Thanks for your support and we look forward to seeing you at the
Eric & Katherine (co-Chairs)